If you are already a Tau Beta Pi member and received an invitation to join from Engineering Student Services, you may ignore it. Tau Bates are members for life!
Tau Beta Pi is open to College of Engineering and Chemical Engineering students. Eligible students are invited to join each semester if they have GPAs:
- - In the Top Eighth of students with Junior standing
- - In the Top Fifth of students with Senior standing
In recent semesters, the GPA cutoff has been very competitive and high (but never 4.0 high assuming an average semester).
Eligible candidates should receive an invitation via email by the fourth or fifth week of the semester.
We wish you the best of luck!
Here is the full list of eligible engineering majors:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences*
- Engineering Science (Energy Engr, Engr Math and Statistics, Engr Physics, and Environmental Engineering Science)
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Engineering Undeclared
*Unfortunately, Computer Science majors in the College of Letters and Science are not eligible.
Joint Major programs with at least one major in the College of Engineering or includes the Chemical Engineering major are also eligible.